Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Painful Truth


   A few weeks ago I decided to break down and buy a pair of Tory Burch flats.  I have always wanted a pair of the Tory Burch Reva Flats, but I could not justify spending the $195 plus tax, until now!  What changed you ask?  Well a shiny Nordstrom card allowed me to rethink my big purchase.  So I charged my new beautiful flats, and even got my mom a pair of Tory Burch flip flops!  I know what you may be thinking, oh no here comes another story about a college student abusing their credit card, but this is not one of those stories.
   So I "invested in" the metallic reva ballet flats, and I left the store overjoyed that I had finally purchased the shoes I had been wanting for years to buy.  When I got home I immediately took pictures on my phone, because I was so excited.  I did not wear my flats right away like some might, with a new pair of shoes, but when I did decide to finally put them on, I noticed that they were not very comfortable.  I would think that $195 shoes should feel like Uggs, especially flats!  At first I did not think anything of this since they are leather, I just assumed they were tight since they were brand new.  I started to think that maybe they were tight, because I had the wrong size, but when I tried on the 9.5 (normally I am an 8.5, but they run small, so I purchased a 9) I quickly realized that I was swimming in them, so I decided to stick with my 9.
  However, I quickly learned that size was not the issue.  I decided to wear the shoes for the first time outside to school.  It was definitely a mistake, because the shoes dug into the top of my feet, and were just uncomfortable overall.  I was really sad when the day was over, because I was starting to realize that my dream of Tort Burch flats was fading.
   I decided to give them one last chance by wearing them to work.  Again I made a big mistake.  This time they not only dug into the top, but also rubbed the back of my feet.  I had to put scotch tape on the back of my ankles, because it was so painful.  Even after numbing my feet with pain I could still not let my beautiful babies up, so I did some research to see if others had experienced my pain.  It turns out people have, they either loved the reva flats or hated them.  Unfortunately, I discovered I was one of the people that loved the look, but hated the fit. At this moment I knew that my flats had to go back.  I was really sad I'll admit, because this means I will never get to wear Tory Burch flats.  I am stuck having to see people wear them, but never having the opportunity to enjoy them myself.... I call that fashion HELL!!


 Thankfully, I did not have to go through the painful process of bringing the shoes back, my mom did it for me, because I was on vacation.  So now I am stuck with just the pictures of my shoes that could of been! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment