Tuesday, April 5, 2011

24/7 Fashion

           Hair is something that a person wears 365 days a year.  Hair can be changed, cut, and styled in many different ways, but I have noticed recently some new hair accessories. These styles are more than just a headband or a clip, they are new fashion statements.
           The first hair statement that I have noticed, and taken part in is hair bling.  Hair bling can be seen on all ages, and all different types of women.  I was first introduced to this trend by my friend, Eva, last Halloween.  Basically, hair bling is a tinsel like piece tied into a persons hair.  Hair bling can be brushed, washed, curled, straightened, and adds some fun sparkle to a persons hair.
           The next hair trend that I have seen is feathering.  No, I am not talking about styling your hair like Farrah Fawcett, I literally mean having feathers braided into your hair.  Feathering like hair bling is done at many hair salons, and even some independent places.  The process for both does not take a long time, but can last weeks depending on how you care for it.  The feathers used, typically, can be washed, dried, straightened, and curled like hair bling.
             Hair bling is pretty simple to do yourself, it definitely takes practice, but well worth doing.  I purchased my hair bling at HairBling.org, it costs $15-$18 for a package of 20 strands.  On the website it also gives tutorials as to how to put in the bling, however, if you search youtube, many videos can be found there too.  Feathering is a little more complicated to do, and I would recommend paying someone to do it for you, because it will most likely look better, and last longer.  If you want feathering you can contact Featherholics on Facebook, or ask at your local salon, most likely they will know of a place to go if they do not offer the service.  Having feathers tied in can cost between $10-$30.
             Both trends are fun and an exciting change to boring hair.  Now get out there, whip your hair back and forth, and showoff to all your friends!

3 comments:

  1. I was watching E News and they were talking about how the celebrities are rocking the feather look! They mentioned how some of the Hollywood women have feathers in their dresses on the red carpet and the celebrities who feather their hair. They even showed Steven Tyler and the feather earrings he’s wearing on American Idol.

    As soon as I saw E News talking about the feathering, I remembered your post on feathering. Great post! I remembered your feathering post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is cool! Haha I'm not sure if I saw the same thing, but I did see something where they were talking about how Sreven Tyler was the original person to put feathers in the hair! I'm flattered you remembered my post, thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you posted this! I've seen sooo many people with the feather extensions! One thing that i have not seen much of is the hair bling! I think that is genius. Putting tinsel in your hair? .. who would've know? I always wondered what kind of material that was. LOL I think that you should post up hair salons around the bay that do this! I would love to know!

    ReplyDelete