Friday, March 25, 2011

Louboutin on the Brain

Classic Black Suede
Mr. Christian Louboutin
       If you have ever watched a red carpet event, or seen pictures of celebrities, then most likely you have seen the red soled shoes.  Christian Louboutin colors the soles of his shoes red to set them apart from all other shoes. Every time I see this glint of red my heart flutters just a little bit, because these are some of the most amazing shoes, with their unique design, and style I can always pick them out of a crowd.  Louboutins are not just amazing, because of their fun style and design, but becasue Christian Louboutin makes a classic black pump that will be in style forever.

Celebs in Louboutins
                 Louboutins are an investment, the price depends on the shoe and style, but I would say plan on spending at least $500, and prices typically go up from there.  Before you cast aside ever wearing or buying these shoes, think about this, would you buy expensive art?  Because if you are willing to spend it on a piece of art that typically has no true function, then consider a pair of Louboutins.  More than just a name they are a revolution to women's shoes, Mr. Louboutin has pushed the height of a classic pump to over six inches.  A six inch shoe would put me at 5'10'', close to six feet tall!!  Aside from this they are just so much fun to look at, and they are guaranteed to get you compliments!

                 Louboutins can be seen not just, on the street, red carpet, or runway, but on Miss fashion icon herself, Barbie.  My women and words classmates would argue that we are gearing our little girls, to have expensive taste, or showing them that style is a priority.  First, there is nothing wrong with having expensive taste.  I have champagne taste on a beer budget, but I work for what I want, and it makes getting that item feel so much better! Second, appearance is important no matter what anyone says.  I am not saying that looks are everything, but when you go for a job interview, or are meeting someone for the first time, they judge, and form opinions within the first five minutes of meetig.

Beyonce wearing Daffodile
Dillian Flower
 I guess I can not force you to buy Louboutins, but hopefully you feel inspired to at least admire how amazing they are.  Here are some of my favorite styles.  I love the basic black above, but my two favorite unique styles are the Dillian Flower and the Daffodile.  The Dillian costs $1,695 and the Daffodile costs $5,995.  So I better start saving now!!
    




Daffodile

5 comments:

  1. I like this post because it describes the style of the shoes and the popularity of Louboutin. I personally also like this brand because I always see celebrities wear it. It is also interesting to see Barbie wear Louboutin shoes because they look cute on her. I agree with you that there is nothing wrong with little children and other people wearing expensive clothes, shoes, and other merchandises because we want to dress and impress others. This post is also informative for it tells us the cost of Louboutin shoes, so your reader may expect the prices of the shoes so they can save money to buy them. Overall, good job, Whitnee, with your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Glad you liked the post! I enjoyed your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a big fan of Louboutins myself! I absolutely love the pop the red bottom adds to make a regular heel just that more special. However, I am aware that the price can empty your pockets if you're not careful. I bought and wore a blue pair of "very noeud" ones in my wedding and they're one of my most prized possessions. There are several websites who offer designer shoes like these for less money and can be another way to go about styling on a budget. I have expensive taste myself and do encourage others to do the same, but I think one needs to make sure they're priorities are taken care of before going out and investing in a shoe like this. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I definitely agree!!! If a mother has mouths to feed her top priority should be her kids and bill paying, not buying expensive shoes! That is so amazing that you wore a pair on your wedding day, I believe that you are a perfect example of a reason to have Louboutins! They are definitely reserved for special occasions and I'm sure wearing them on your wedding day made it that much more special!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this article about Christian Louboutins because they are also my favorite type of stilettos. You also make a great point with the Louboutin barbie and how it affects young girls. Are we supposed to teach young girls to follow a certain type of style and wish they can have something they cannot afford? If only Christian Louboutins were cheaper then maybe all girls' dreams can come true.

    ReplyDelete