Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Oscar Fashion

        The Oscars were on Sunday night, and of course I watched to see who would be a fashion success, and who would receive an "F." As always there was an array of dresses, some good, some not so good, and in this post I am going to break it down for you.

        After looking at a majority of the fashions of the night I have come up with a list of who should have stayed home, and who looked amazing.

                                                Best Dressed
Melissa Leo
1. Melissa Leo
Some hated her dress and thought that it looked like a table cloth, I thought it looked amazing.  She is fifty years old, and she looked better than some of the twenty year olds!

Halle Berry

2. Halle Berry
The only was to describe Halle Berry's dress is beautiful, from her hair to makeup, to her shoes she looked amazing.  The dress was sexy in a subtle way, but it was also very glamourous.  I love the sparkles and the tulle, it is just the right amount to make her an "A+."

Hallee Steinfeld
3. Hallee Steinfeld
 In todays society we see young famous girls growing up so fast, they display this in the dresses they wear.  Hallee Steinfeld just showed all those girls that you can go to a red carpet event, and still look young and fresh, without showing all your assets.





                                         Worst Dressed
1. Reese Witherspoon
Reese Witherspoon
I watched the Oscars with my mom, and she loved Reese's look, I did not.  I think she looked at fashion from a 1990's Oscar show, and selected her hair and dress from that decade.  Maybe the hair could of worked with a different dress or vice versa, but together this outfit earns her an "F."
2. Nicole Kidman
Nicole Kidman
I think she went to Trudy's and got advice from a Senior in high school.  Kidman's dress looks like it could be worn to prom, and it is just strange looking.  There is just so much about this dress that confuses me, did she wear it, because she needed a hand rest?  All I can say is I hope she left the tag on it, because it should do back in the morning!

3. Amy Adams
Amy Adams
I think that this dress could have been very beautiful, but it went wrong as many dresses can and do, and got her onto my worst dressed list.  First, the neckline is way to high, and the necklace she added does not help the dress look better in anyway.  Also, I would of liked to see the back of the dress cut low if the front is going to be high, a la Hilary Swank Oscars .  Also the capped sleeves are unflattering, make them longer or cut them off.

2 comments:

  1. I wouldn't have put Resse Witherspoon on my worst dressed. It was a clean look but it did look like it was from the 90's. I agree with you on Nicole Kidman's and Amy Adams' looks. What about the guys from the Oscars, who were your best/worst dressed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I was thinking I should put guys then got lazy and did not. Give me a day or two and I will try! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete