Monday, February 14, 2011

Grammy Fashion



         The Grammy's were yesterday night, and the music is not the only thing people are gossiping about today.  The red carpet was filled with amazing fashion, and some that you wish never happened.  Some of the people that I thought looked great were Selma Blair, Jennifer Lopez, Jennifer Hudson, and Julianne Hough.  However, I have to say that my top two favorites of the night were Rihanna and Selena Gomez.  Rihanna's dress was revealing and shocking, but not in a way that Grandma would be offended.  It still left something to the imagination which is why I think the dress really worked.  The dress was age appropriate and the epitome of Grammy style, exactly what my other topic pick exudes.  Selena's dress was beautiful, and was tailored to her perfectly.  It had just enough plunge on the neckline, and was a fun metallic material that really made the dress a home run.  Unfortunately, with great fashion also comes terrible fashion.  For some reason the men at the Grammy's were having some fashion blunders, some of my least favorite styles of the night are Usher, D.J. David Guetta, Justin Bieber, and Ricky Martin.  My overall least favorite styles of the night were worn by Hayley Williams and Lady Gaga.  Hayley Williams dress was awful, I do not even know where to start?  The see through part on her stomach, the random pink fluff of feathers, or the black tights. Her outfit is a mess, and it hurts just looking at it.  My other fashion blunder is Lady Gaga.  We get it Gaga you are unique!! Honestly, though riding in an egg???  It is not fashionable or stylish, just strange, I expected something really exciting from her, and the egg was a let down.  Here are some of the styles of the night, what do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Whitnee,
    I watched the red carpet just to see what everyone was going to wear and I completely agree with you. I thought Rihanna’s took a big risk with her dress and it was a good decision. Also, I watched a few fashion shows and I couldn’t believe some of them didn’t like her dress.

    I would have loved to see Lady Gaga walk down the red carpet in something other than an egg. I think I get what she was trying to do but I agree the egg wasn’t something she should’ve done especially for the red carpet.

    By the way, I like that you included photos of your top 2 best dressed and top 2 worst dressed.Whitnee,
    I watched the red carpet just to see what everyone was going to wear and I completely agree with you. I thought Rihanna’s took a big risk with her dress and it was a good decision. Also, I watched a few fashion shows and I couldn’t believe some of them didn’t like her dress.

    I would have loved to see Lady Gaga walk down the red carpet in something other than an egg. I think I get what she was trying to do but I agree the egg wasn’t something she should’ve done especially for the red carpet.

    By the way, I like that you included photos of your top 2 best dressed and top 2 worst dressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya! I heard that a lot of people did not like her dress! I was surprised, because I thought she looked great!! Layloni, in our class, was telling me that she did not like her dress, and she thinks that Rihanna is losing sight of herself, and where she came from. I don't know about all that stuff, but I do know her dress was awesome! Thanks for commenting! :D

    ReplyDelete