Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Men's Style


      Men's fashion has never really crossed my mind.  I look at men, guys, boys as having more of a style.  However, recently it was brought up that I should do a post on men's fashion.  The one and only place I could think of to go was GQ magazine, the two times that I bought the magazine, because Tom Brady was on the cover, I noticed that they had some fashion tips.  Once on the website I clicked onto the style header, I guess my thinking was right no fashion for guys, just style.  From there I clicked on a piece titled, The Wandering Eye: Turning Japanese, Part 1, by Gordon von Steiner. The one line on the page reads "Gordon von Steiner lands in Tokyo- home of some of the most seriously dandified, ahead of the curve dudes on the plant."  I scrolled down to look at the men who are supposed to have this amazing style, to find that some of the clothes themselves are not bad once you get past the look of the person wearing it.  But then some of the looks are just a little too out there and crazy! I mean no one wants to see a guys colored socks hanging out of his shoes Don't even get me started on socks and sandals!  I can definitely say  the men of Tokyo opened my eyes to new style, but honestly I prefer basic men's style.  What about you guys out there how do you like to dress and ladies how do you like to see your men dress?

3 comments:

  1. Well here it is, I was brought up with 3 girls as a kid and one of the became a fashion designer in Los Angeles. She was always on my case of dressing up and keeping up on style. Yes, i completely agree with you Whitnee, I would never wear those socks unless it was for a pj party. I'll stick to the casual and modern clean look. For some reason, these type of "out control styles" dont interest me. Good point about styles over seas. We might see it in 6 months or soo. In the past, the european fashion trend has trickled to the states couple of months after, would this be the next in thing? LET HOPE NOT! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok Whitnee, I have only one name for you Chad Ochocinco!!!! He has so much style(swagg) it is un-real. i tried to link a picture to my post but it didn't work. Anyway, men fashion is not just a look, it's the swagg that comes with the look. Think about it, when you see a guy what's the first thing you notice about him?. Not his smile, not his eyes, it's his shoes!!! Well maybe it's just me but i feel like if a guy has on nice shoes he's all good to ME. Now, fashion for guys to me is necessary only when stepping out, not going to school or running daily errands save the great shirt,great jeans, faboulous shoes for a night on the town fellas. Great post Whitnee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think men's style is very basic. Most men are very simple and aren't looking for that flashy jacket or that expensive pair of vintage jeans. And I agree with you on the fashion of the Japanese men pictured, it's definitely not for everyone. I also think men like to be comfortable and some of these out of control outfits are just too much work to sport. I personally like the clean, simple and sophisticated look. I do have one question though. What's the difference between fashion and style? I thought they were interchangeable, but that shows how much I know about fashion.

    ReplyDelete