Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Sock Trend?

        This past rainy weekend I was working, as you probably could guess.  As I was helping a customer purchase a pair of rain boots, she asked if we sold socks.  I informed her that we did not have any, and apologized.  She began to ask me if I knew of the new sock trend, and I told her I had not heard of it.  She informed me that her son is in middle school, and that while she was chaperoning his dance she noticed that all the middle school girls were wearing shorts with unique socks.  She went on to say that the socks were mismatched and of different heights.  I told her that I had never heard of this trend, and did not notice it on our local middle schoolers who occasionally come in to shop.  She told me that she lived in Marin, not too far from Los Gatos where I live, so the sock trend should of hit already.  It would be more plausible if she was from the East coast or the Midwest, as trends travel from East to West, but she lived close.  I am curious does anyone know of this new trend?  Maybe, I am too old to be in the know, so please send me pictures or any information if you have heard of this sock trend.

No comments:

Post a Comment