Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Groovy 70's Make a Swinging Comeback


Me in my mom's vintage 70's coat!
        No one could be more excited than my mom that 1970's fashion is coming back into style.  I can not lie, and say that I am disappointed either, because of her I have a window into that decade.  The only down side to seventies fashion is making it into a 2011 style, and not a Halloween costume.  My intention is to show you how to wear 70's fashion today.  The Picture in the top center is of actress Katie Holmes.  As you can see she is wearing jeans that have a big flair on the bottom, a.k.a. bell bottoms.  This is the easiest way to pull off the trend, a lot of stores still make flare jeans or pants, I bet you even have a pair from the last time this trend was in, so dig through your closet or head to the GAP.  Wear the jeans with present styles to update the look.  In the picture to the right the model is in full 70's style, but in 2011.  The pants with the high waist and bell bottom, the white peasant top, and her hat are all fashions of the 1970's.  However, she looks polished, not like she just stepped out of a time machine.  Another seventies trend to watch out for is clogs, they are also very popular at the moment.  My best suggestion is to look at old photos of people in the seventies, and find one thing that you like, then go with that trend. Let me know what you discover, and what your favorite 70's trend is right now.

1 comment:

  1. I personally am excited for this trend, it will be a nice change from those skinny jeans and tend to only look good on those who have the slender look. As a curvy girl, flare jeans are way more flattering on me.

    ReplyDelete