Friday, February 18, 2011

It's Raining, It's Pouring

    The weather outside may be drab, but the styles that we put together don't have to be.  On the SFSU campus the wind is blowing, the rain and hail is coming down like a midwestern winter, but the fashion of the students has not been deterred. Rain boots can be seen everywhere, and not just in yellow or black, the generic gardening kind, but many different colors and styles.  From polka dots to exotic prints these stand out boots are making a fashion impact.

     Bright coats are another trend that can be seen this winter. Wearing dark dull colors on a dreary day is so boring, and brings down your mood. Sporting a bright coat can brighten not just your mood, but also the people around you.  If you do not have a bright coat, you can substitute in bright accessories, which can also make an outfit more exciting!  A scarf, bag, hat, or jewelry can change any winter style from drab to fab!  Forever 21 has great inexpensive coats and accessories that you can piece with any outfit to make it fresh.

    
      The last winter trend that I will discuss is ponchos.  For years I had a poncho sitting in my closet.  I purchased it when they were last in, winter 2004-2005, and I think I finally got rid of it in 2008.  Now I am kicking myself, because as all trends do, ponchos are coming back.  However, this time we are seeing them in a slightly different style.  The poncho jacket is all the rage, it is a heavy coat, that instead of having arm or just draping over the body like the typical poncho, it has slits to put arms through.  Leighton Meeseter's coat is a bright fun color, that is also a poncho.  She also pieces bright colors as I mentioned, which makes her outfit my favorite of the week!




     So what do you think? Should rain boots be left in the garden? Is a bright coat or accessories too much? Ponchos cute fashionable or just ugly?

No comments:

Post a Comment