Monday, February 7, 2011

Social Shopper

            As I stand at work waiting for customers to come in and shop, I am contemplating what I should share with you all.  Maybe I should write about the spring runways, or the new in shoe? I check what is new in the fashion world on the New York times website, visit Glamour magazine's page, and then Lucky magazine's.  Each spot leaves me uninspired, because everything I find is old news, but then I remember to check the Vogue website.  As I navigate my way through the webpage, I notice a new feature, The Social Shopper.  I click on the words, curious about what The Social Shopper could be.  The page loads, and in front of me is a picture of actress Hallie Steinfeld from True Grit, she is wearing a colorful dress, and next to her picture is a sketch of a woman wearing a similar striped number.  As I scroll down I come across some writing that talks about how Vogue does not just acquire their fashion information from the typical places, but from fashion bloggers such as myself!  I find it somewhat thrilling to know that Vogue listens to what everyday people have to say about fashion.  Also, as I continue to scroll down further I find ten items that Vogue suggests on how to wear stripes in everyday styles.  The whole point of The Social Shopper is to help women translate fashion that they see on the runway, television, or other places into ways that they can wear them without seeming too far out there.  I love this idea, because so many times I will see something, but think I could never get away with that (see photo).  However, Vogue has saved one of my many fashion problems, and hopefully one of yours too!

No comments:

Post a Comment